Calling all Dragon sailors – GBR and ALL Dragon nationalities. This is your Captain speaking!
I am honoured to be the Chairman of the 2017 Edinburgh Cup, which will be held in Cowes, Isle of Wight from 8 to 15 July.
One of the Dragon fleet’s most prestigious trophies is the Edinburgh Cup, which was presented to the class in 1949 by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh and is awarded annually to the winner of the International Dragon British Open Championship. That first Edinburgh Cup in 1949 was raced on the Solent and hosted by the Island Sailing Club.
THE EDINBURGH CUP AND SOUTH COAST CHAMPIONSHIP:
The Edinburgh Cup regatta week is in fact two separate regattas rolled into the week (the South Coast Championship as well as the Edinburgh Cup). Additionally, I am able to extend the special rates offered to also encompass Cowes Week 2017.
NOTICE OF RACE AND FULL INFORMATION:
The NORs, for the UK South Coast Championship and Edinburgh Cup are now live and full info is available at www.edinburghcup.org (click on Competitor Information), where you should find ALL that you need to compete!
COWES WEEK 2017:
COWES WEEK ENTRY FEE:
SHEPARDS WHARF MARINA:
- We are pleased to announce Brittany Ferries offer, a discount of some 10%.
- A Discount Activation Code can be sent on request when Edinburgh Cup/South Coast entry is made (and by request for Cowes Week Dragon entrants).
- Take Brittany Ferries from Santander or Bilbao direct to Portsmouth, UK
- Take Brittany Ferries (Caen, Le Havre, St Malo, Cherbourg) direct to Portsmouth, UK
- Take Brittany Ferries from Portsmouth to French ferry ports
- Plenty of time after Cowes Week to travel to Lake Thun
RED FUNNEL FERRY TO THE ISLE OF WIGHT:
- If arriving via Portsmouth – its a short drive to Southampton and in reverse for departure!
- A full and fun packed schedule of social events is organised!
- Daily postrace food and drink with Prizegiving and Raffle, all at the Island Sailing Club.
- The Cowes Dragon Fleet’s ‘Home Entertainment’ evening for all competitors and their accompanying guests – you are invited to dinner in our homes!
- South Coast Prizegiving/Edinburgh Cup Welcome BBQ and party
- And, the grand finale of the week, the Edinburgh Cup Celebration – Prizegiving, Dinner, Dancing and Entertainment on Friday 14 July.A formal evening with formal dress to which not only Dragon sailors but members of Cowes yacht clubs and day boat classes are also invited. A true celebration – with a lot of fun to be enjoyed by all!
- Each competing Dragon receives 3 free tickets to all ticketed events.
- Extra tickets can be purchased – see booking form on the web site.
- The Edinburgh Cup Celebration – 14 July: special instructions for booking tickets to this event will be available shortly. We anticipate keen demand for tickets – we urge you to book your tickets early to avoid the disappointment of missing out!
You can find more information, and how to enter, at:
So, go on line – and enter! We look forward to welcoming you to the Edinburgh Cup and Dragon sailing in Cowes.
Do contact me if I can be of any additional help.